Hi all – I hope everyone is have a great and fruitful February. It has been extremely hot here in Canberra, so I have had the air-conditioning and fans on, and I have been hanging out in my office.
Sunday is my parents 45th wedding anniversary. It is not something we go overboard with, but I really wanted to acknowledge the milestone they have achieved. One of the most romantic things my dad ever did was have their wedding rings engraved. His says May our love, and mums says never die. Over the years we have used these words to make them cakes, and I thought this year I would use these wonderful words to embroider on a set of pillowcases. I loved doing this, and found it so easy, that I have now created an entire collection of designs for pillows:-
Instructions for embroidering your own pillowcases
black embroidery thread
- Unpick completely down one side of the pillowcase
- Press the pillowcase so that the seams are open.
- Fold the pillowcase in half and quarters, and press to give you a centre point.
- Hoop your pillowcase and stabiliser together, centring on the pillowcase.
- Load your 1st design into your embroidery machine.
- Stitch out the design
- Remove the hoop from the machine, un-hoop the pillowcase, and remove any excess stabiliser.
- Press the embroidery with a warm iron, before re-pinning the side seam, and stitching closed.
- Repeat steps 1-8 for the second pillowcase.
The other designs in the PillowTalk collection are:-
In honour of my wonderful parents, I am happy to offer the “May our love Never Die” designs for free. Click here to download
Have a wonderful week – the next thing I am working on is my hubby’s birthday present – I will be bringing it to you next week.