Weather you use them for pyjamas, or for storing something special, this bag/hanger is great for storage, and looks so special. When my children were young, I had one of these hung next to the change table, with their pyjamas in it, so that I always knew where the pyjamas were. I also thought this would be a great storage space for nappies etc near the change table.
- ½ m homespun
- Coat hanger
- Bearing Love Embroidery Designs by Julie Hall Designs
- Embroidery Threads
- Sewing Threads
- 10 scraps of fabric 4½ x 2½”
- Take the homespun, and fold in half lengthwise. Cut so that you have two separate pieces, 20 x 22”
- Place the coat hanger onto the fabric, and trace around the top of the coat hanger.
- Extend the arc of the coat hanger across the width of the fabric.
- Adding a 1cm (5/8”) seam allowance, cut around the arc.
- Put aside one piece of the pyjama bag (this will become the back)
- Using the other pyjama bag piece, measure 4” down from the bottom of the curve, and cut across.
- Embroider the Heart design on the top curved piece of homespun.
- Once embroidery is complete, remove the stabiliser and press.
- Fold up the bottom hem ¼” twice and stitch to encase the raw edge.
- Take the bottom piece of fabric, and embroider the bear with hearts design in the centre of the fabric.
- Once the embroidery is complete, remove the stabiliser and press.
- Fold down the top hem ¼” twice and stitch to encase the raw edge.
- Take the 10 scraps of fabric and join together to form one long strip 4 ½” tall.
- Join the strip to the bottom of the embroidered piece. Press
- Take the back of the pyjama bag, and lay down with right side facing up.
- Place the curved piece face down on top of the back and pin.
- Take the bottom embroidered piece and place face down to match up the bottom (there will be some overhang of these two pieces). Pin and stitch all around the bag, leaving a 1cm opening at the top of the curve for the coat hanger to slide through.
- Turn the pyjama bag through to the right side, and press with a hot iron.
- Insert the coat hanger to complete.
I hope you have enjoyed this project, and I look forward to seeing the projects you create with these great designs.