This is a brilliant gift for either guys or gals. Once again – K-mart was my source of inspiration. These are actually mens toiletry bags, however I love the way they open up so well, meaning I can see everything at once, so I am claiming them as unisex. The bag cost me $5 each. Add a name or saying, or small design to personalise, and you have a great gift idea, for under $10.00
- K-mart Toiletry bag
- TearClean Stabiliser
- Double Sided Tape
- Lettering in your machine – or create names in your software
- Thread colours (I have used bright teal)
- Bobbin thread
- Hoop stabiliser firmly.
- Take your toiletry bag, and open the side zippers fully.
- Taking into account the overlap at the edges, mark up the middle of the strip with a pin.
- Using two pieces of double sided tape, attach the tape to the back of the toiletry bag opening.
- Firmly press the toiletry bag opening strip onto the hooped stabiliser, ensuring the strip is centered vertically, and using the pin as the horizontal alignment marker.
- Load your name design onto the machine, or using the lettering on your machine, prepare your design.
- Use the alignment features of your machine to ensure the design will be in the correct position.
- Stitch the design.
- Once the design is complete, remove the excess stabiliser, double sided tape, and trim away any excess threads to complete.